Summary of Position
- Part time
- Location flexible (fully remote)
As a result of continued growth, Savvy is adding a new position to its superb team. As a Senior Product Manager, they will be a member of the organization’s leadership team. Their job will be to manage the entire lifecycle of Savvy services (product inception, design, production, testing, delivery, support and end-of-life).
This role could be performed on a part-time basis (without giving up a “day job”), although it could progress to a full-time position.
Successful candidates will have a track record of delivering web-service experiences, exceptional communications and outstanding project management skills. Knowledge of the General Aviation industry is a nice-to-have.
Founded by Mike Busch in 2008, Savvy Aviation has tens of thousands of users. It helps thousands of paid clients save money and hassle in their aircraft maintenance, while increasing safety and reliability.
Savvy offers a broad portfolio of web-based services backed up by a 30+ team of aviation experts. Savvy delivers all of its services online, and has introduced a number of notable innovative services to the industry:
- SavvyMx (2008) – The first service to bring the benefits of professional maintenance management to GA aircraft owners. Still the ‘flagship’ product that includes everything Savvy offers.
- SavvyAnalysis (2012) – The only service in the industry that analyzes piston engine monitor data. Includes groundbreaking use of predictive analytics and machine learning to enhance GA safety. More than 10,000 regular users and 3 million flights uploaded.
- SavvyPrebuy (2014) – The first, and still the only, nationwide prebuy service for GA aircraft.
- SavvyBreakdown (2016) – The first, and still the only, 24/7 nationwide quick-response breakdown assistance program for GA pilots.
- SavvyQA (2017) – The industry’s only consulting service for those who manage their own maintenance but want access to impartial, trusted advice from Savvy’s team of veteran A&P/IAs..
Long before COVID-19, Savvy was operating as a 100% ‘virtual’ company with no physical headquarters, and a staff of 30 people working remotely from all four corners of the USA, and even Europe.
Savvy reaches a monthly audience of hundreds of thousands of people through its print and email publications, webinars, podcasts, YouTube channel and social media pages. The organization has recently invested heavily in creating a robust web services infrastructure to allow excellence in service delivery and operational efficiency, and be a platform for future growth.
Collaborating with other teams across the entire organization, the Senior Product Manager will manage the entire lifecycle of Savvy services, including inception, design, production, testing, delivery, support, end-of-life.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand and influence the overall Savvy product/service strategy
- Monitor product/service performance and drive necessary changes
- Business planning
- Develop and monitor timelines and priorities
- Oversee the successful, on time completion of projects
- Market Research
- Review market data & competition
- Utilize company analytics data to optimize customer “funnel”
- Product/Service Design
- Identify user needs
- Define product features
- Create requirements & specifications
- Develop product/service policies
- Project Implementation
- Create specifications and timelines for execution
- Maintain close coordination with software development team
- Dovetail plans with existing projects, processes and workflows
- Post-launch evaluation / adjustment
- Coordinate rollout of new features for clients and operations team
- Create training materials for internal consumption
- Develop and monitor overall marketing plans
- Plan and implement product launches
- Oversee delivery of client facing support
- Monitor user feedback via support channel
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience delivering online services
- Strategic thinker, problem analysis and solving
- Customer orientation: empathy for the users
- Data / analytics driven
- Strong technical skills
- Some familiarity with the owner-flown general aviation industry is helpful
- Pilot / aircraft owner not necessary, but nice-to-have
Please apply via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2461806875/