Yes indeed, they are very different. Lots of aircraft that don’t qualify for SavvyMx do qualify for SavvyQA, such as flying club, flight school, leaseback, Part 135, and experimental aircraft. Also, for SavvyQA clients we do not require you to add Savvy as an additional insured on your aircraft insurance policy (the way we do for SavvyMx).
Our SavvyQA consulting service is our lower-cost version of SavvyMx for aircraft owners who prefer to manage their maintenance, deal directly with shops and mechanics, and handle their record-keeping on their own but with access to our impartial, trusted, and experienced advice when they need it. For a fixed annual fee that’s half of what we charge for SavvyMx, SavvyQA clients receive unlimited access to Savvy’s top-notch team of veteran A&P/IAs with over 300 combined years of GA maintenance experience.
After receiving a repair estimate, you can use SavvyQA to obtain an impartial second opinion before authorizing the work. We’ll help you decide if the work is necessary, fairly priced, and if there are lower-cost alternatives.
You may have data that you’d like Savvy to analyze and interpret for you. We can provide appropriate recommendations, such as a laboratory oil analysis report, borescope images, or engine monitor data.
Savvy has nationwide knowledge of maintenance shops, places to overhaul an engine/propeller, sources of replacement parts, and so on. You can use SavvyQA for advice on which shops/services you should choose.
When a persistent maintenance problem exists, SavvyQA can be used to create a thoughtful and systematic troubleshooting plan to identify it. And, where appropriate, a recommendation for the method of correction.
Review your maintenance invoices (on request) to ensure the charges are reasonable and in conformance with the shop’s estimates. If they aren’t, we’ll recommend you not pay the invoice until the errors are corrected.
Review the maintenance logbook entries (on request) to make sure they are complete, accurate, and free from any statements that might compromise the resale value of your aircraft. (You’d be surprised how often this happens!)
SavvyAnalysis Pro is included at no additional cost. We analyze your engine monitor data and provide you with diagnostic information about the health of your engine and suggestions for improving your operating technique.
SavvyBreakdown is included at no additional cost. We provide 24/7/365 breakdown assistance with a 15 minute response time should you ever develop a problem with your aircraft while away from home on a trip.
If you are thinking about hiring these guys, stop thinking and just do it! My IA wanted to pull the engine for overhaul (metal in the filter). After working with Savvy, my engine was not pulled and is working fine. This saved me enough to cover 35+ years of Savvy’s premium service.
I am now VERY reluctant to pull a cylinder without proof it is necessary. Mike Busch has been a tremendous help to my understanding. I’m thankful to him and the rest of you who practice a 21st Century approach to diagnosis.
Your organization really is impressive in so many ways. I tried to change my N-number last night in your system, but discovered that field was not one I could change, This morning, I discovered you had already changed it for me. Exceptional customer service!
I can’t say enough about the Savvy program, technical team, and expertise in giving me all the necessary and appropriate advice and comfort level when making big (and little) maintenance decisions. You simply can’t put a price tag on that!
I can’t live without Savvy. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you’ve done for me. I’m honest when I say that everywhere — but especially in aviation — it is hard to find people who truly excel in service and value to the customer. Savvy is definitely one…
Thank you, Savvy. You’ve been an amazing help to us, and very patient, which is truly appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our SavvyQA consulting service is our lower cost version of SavvyMx that is aimed at experienced aircraft owners who prefer to manage their own maintenance, deal directly with their shops and mechanics, and handle their own maintenance record-keeping, but would still like access to impartial, trusted, and experienced advice when they need it. SavvyQA clients have unlimited access to Savvy’s team of top-notch A&P/IAs with over 300 combined years of GA maintenance experience.
SavvyQA clients receive unlimited consultation on matters like:
- Recommendations: The Savvy team has extensive, nationwide knowledge of maintenance shops, places to overhaul an engine or propeller, sources of replacement parts, and so on. An aircraft owner can use SavvyQA to seek advice on which shops and services to choose, and which to avoid.
- Second Opinions: After receiving a repair recommendation or price estimate from his mechanic, an aircraft owner can use SavvyQA to seek an impartial second opinion before authorizing the work.
- Interpretation: An aircraft owner may have data that he wants Savvy to analyze and interpret, and provide appropriate recommendations. For example, a laboratory oil analysis report, borescope images or engine monitoring data. The full SavvyAnalysis Pro engine monitor data analysis service (a $129 value) is included in a SavvyQA subscription.
- Troubleshooting: When a persistent maintenance problem exists, SavvyQA can be used to create a thoughtful and systematic troubleshooting plan to identify it. And, where appropriate, a recommendation for the method of correction.
SavvyQA is priced at one-half the cost of Savvy’s flagship SavvyMx service:
- $375/year for piston singles
- $500/year for piston twins
- $750/year for single-engine turboprops
- $1,000/year for single-engine turbojets
See our fee schedule for complete details.
SavvyQA is a consulting-only service rather than a maintenance-management service. The principal differences between SavvyMx and SavvyQA are that for SavvyQA clients:
- We communicate strictly with you, our client. We do not communicate on your behalf with mechanics, shops, insurance adjusters, or any other third-parties (the way we do for SavyMx clients).
- We don’t assign you a dedicated account manager. When you ask us for assistance, your question is assigned to whatever Savvy account manager is best qualified to assist you. The next time you ask a question, a different account manager may be assigned to help you. (SavvyQA is not a “relationship” or “concierge” service the way SavvyMx is.)
- We don’t keep track of your maintenance, remind you that your annual inspection is coming up or that ADs are due. We strictly answer your questions.
- We don’t maintain electronic copies of maintenance records for your aircraft.
- We don’t automatically review or provide quality assurance for your maintenance invoices or logbook entries (but we will review specific invoices or logbook entries if you ask us to).
Note that as a SavvyQA client, you are entitled to receive our rapid-response 24/7 breakdown assistance service (SavvyBreakdown) and our engine monitor data analysis service (SavvyAnalysis Pro) at no additional cost.